[Vision2020] Sign seen in Genesee

the lockshop lockshop at pull.twcbc.com
Mon Nov 1 16:47:52 PDT 2010

To say that these programs "help to (1) create jobs, and (2) prevent job loss" is absurd. The CBO's point was that the programs are effective at dumping money into the economy quickly albiet by the expedient of burning dollars we either have to borrow or print. The first adding to the skyrocketing deficit and the second fueling inflation with neither being any kind of a win for the country as a whole. Arguing that extended unemployment benefits prevent or reduce unemployment only makes a twisted kind of sense if not working is your chosen vocation. For many, especially those who find 99 weeks worth inadequate, this may indeed be the case.

By the way, a big welcome to Mr. Waters who is clearly trying to do his part to help stamp out internet forum incest.