[Vision2020] Really, Latah County???

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Thu May 27 09:22:20 PDT 2010

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/05/27/1207884/tea-party-helps-dump-incumb
ents.html

Bouma, an ardent tea party adherent in north-central Idaho's Latah County
who would end federal education funding and expel wolves from the state,
says Schroeder's acceptance of the predators - and opposition to cutting
public school budgets this year - helped spur his downfall.

After 18 years in the Senate, Schroeder is barely even Republican anymore,
Bouma said.

"The Republican Party gets punished when it fields candidates that don't
really reflect its values," he said. "The electorate is waking up to
examining its candidates more closely."

Certainly Bouma simply doesn't have the truth in him to claim that Schroeder
is or was pro-wolf - one of the things I vehemently disagreed with him about
was his position on wolves.  I cannot believe that Latah County GOPers want
a liar from the get-go in office, do you?

No federal funding for public education?  Gosh, I wonder how many of those
who voted for Bouma realize that Latah County would  just about dry up
without federal public education funding?  Yes, we all know Bouma is an
incredibly bitter man as a result of his short tenure in public education,
but does Latah County as a whole share that bitterness and willingness to
destroy public education to the detriment of our children - this great
nation's future?

And, given his campaign's willingness to completely disregard IRS
regulations regarding the mixing of politics and religion for churches
getting a tax break (one or more pastors in this area campaigned for Bouma
from the pulpit), we can safely assume that in common with the majority of
the Tea Party since it was co-opted, Bouma is the kind of tea bagger whose
primary agenda is to do away with the Constitution's separation between
Christianity and State, at least his particular flavor of Christianity.  It
was clear from that email sent out by his campaign manager that we're
dealing with yet another member of a narrow Christian sect that believes
their own peculiar interpretation of Christianity is the only real
Christianity.  Was anyone else incredibly offended at Bauer's assumption
that neither Gary nor Barrett Schroeder have "faith" simply because they
don't share Bouma's perversion?

Is this really what Latah County wants?  I think not, but I suppose we'll
have to wait until November to find out.  My hope is that the Republican
Party here in Latah County does get punished for fielding a candidate in
Bouma who really doesn't reflect its values.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****