[Vision2020] And Under This Rock We Have . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed May 19 12:13:27 PDT 2010

Greetings Visionaires -

While enjoying my morning cup of coffee, watching the Today Show, and
reading the Spokesman-Review, I found . . . buried deep in the multitude of
advertisers . . .

A petition, in urgent support of Washington Initiative 1058, aimed at
Washington state residents.

The primary purpose, apparently, behind I-1058 is to "require the teaching
of and testing on the Declaration of Independence, the United States
Constitution, the Washington Constitution, and other specified documents, as
a prerequisite to graduation from high school."

This made me wonder . . . "Just what topics, concerning the Declaration of
Independence and U.S. Constitution, are not being taught in today's schools
that would so enlighten our children before they can graduate from high
school?"

So, I browsed on over to "www.WeThePeopleOfWa.org
<http://www.wethepeopleofwa.org/> " to see just what course requirements
MUST be added to high school curriculum to better prepare our children,

Imagine my surprise to find a list of locations where instruction is
currently underway.

http://www.wethepeopleofwa.org/file/ConstitutionClasses.pdf

In addition to this list of havens of superior intellect was a link to a
site identifying those courses to be introduced as a result of I-1058.

http://www.effwa.org/CAN/canclasses.html

This site identifies such "mandatory" courses as . . .

The Rule of Law & Liberty 101: Why the Constitution Works

     - Find out why we judge our newest laws against a law made over 200
years ago.

American Freedom 101

     - What are "Progressives"? Some people don't like individual
freedom-we'll find out where there ideas came from and how to show that
they're wrong.

OH GOD NO!!  Not those icky, Commie, pinko, Nazi Progressives!

Washington Initiative 1058 is JUST in time.  Let's put an end to them
gubmint brainwashing agenda-driven schools.

Seeya round the commune, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown