[Vision2020] Health Care Reform

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:37:05 PDT 2010

Wayne --

They don't have one, and they're likely going to fail regardless,
wasting all of our money.  The state probably doesn't have standing to
bring suit based on the unconstitutionality of a provision with regard
to a citizen of that state. Even if it did, the mandate doesn't kick
in 'til 2014, so there's no harm upon which to found the suit. Even if
there was, the most relevant decision (from 1987) went 7-2 in favor of
the feds. And even if it did, it would only destroy the entire private
health insurance market, not eliminate the other reforms.

-- ACS