[Vision2020] Leonard Pitts Jr.: The fierce urgency of now: justice

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 22 13:25:00 PDT 2010

> Posted on Sun, Mar. 21, 2010
> By LEONARD PITTS JR.
> lpitts at MiamiHerald.com
>
> The fierce urgency of now: justice
<snip most of the post>

On Monday 22 March 2010 10:13:06 keely emerinemix wrote:
> This is one of the finest posts on the subjects that I've ever
> read.  The last two paragraphs are a sermon, and a Spirit-blessed
> one, in themselves.

Mr. Pitts' column is reminiscent of the remarks by Pat Condell in a
video 2 October 2009 titled The Arrogance of Clergy. Condell
asks "Why do you think that all the good stuff about religion happens
in the future and not in the present? Not at the only point of actual
contact you have with reality, and therefore the only point you have
any power."

It should be noted, of course, that the clergy about whom Pitts writes
are not the ones to whom Condell refers. Condell's clerical referents
are in the same boat with Glenn Beck, not distinguished from him.

I sent a YouTube link to that video to Vision 2020, so you can watch
it again if you like. Alternatively, you could go to Pat Condell's
web site and order a printed book titled _Godless and Free: The Video
Transcripts_ which contains printed versions of the first sixty of
his web videos conveniently available for faster reading.

http://www.patcondell.net/

Ken