[Vision2020] Health care {insurance} reform passed

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Mon Mar 22 09:44:26 PDT 2010

Tom writes:

"As far as your suggested "private alternative to medicare", There aren't a whole lot of people giving up ther Medicare in exchange for Blue Cross/Blue Shield now, is there?"

I don't know where Tom got the notion I suggested a "private alternative to medicare."

That wasn't the intent of my post.

I just wanted to point out that if you think this bill is going to lower your costs, you should consider why costs probably won't go down.

I'll believe that competition will bring costs down when I see it.  Just because the feds say that'll be the case doesn't make it so.

Competition may make insurance companies more efficient, or it could be that they'll use that as an excuse to raise the pay of their executives (to ensure they get the best people, of course) and to waste money on ads because now they have to compete with each other.

That's why name brands are always more expensive then generics...

gclev