[Vision2020] Racist Fliers Distributed in Southern Idaho

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 12:57:42 PDT 2010

The secret is that most people don't care.  They don't deal with race
relations on a day-to-day basis, and they probably don't have much of an
opinion about it.  Hand them a flier, and they will throw it away.  A
few people might get excited about the idea and join them, but they are
(I'm guessing) far in the minority.

Make this into a national debate, and suddenly they take a side.  Now
you've gone from a few people being "converted" to a few million
expressing their parent's views on racism or their own bad experiences
from the Army or whatever to everyone they can find to listen, and a far
larger group yelling at them about it.

Look, I applaud your fight against racism.  Same goes for Tom and Keely
and everyone else that is on board with you.  I just think it's
tactically the wrong approach to take.

I don't know why I care so much about this particular line of thought.
Anyway, I've said my bit now I'll fade back into the woodwork.

Paul