[Vision2020] Alex Chilton

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Mar 19 16:24:20 PDT 2010

"The Letter" By The Box Tops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftcTZSIZ-ts

--------------

On an equally sad note . . .

Fess Parker, known for his portrayal of Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett
during the 60s, died on Thursday (March 18, 2010).  He was 85.

He also sang the theme songs for those shows.

"Daniel Boone" By Fess Parker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTSNqX76m0

"The Ballad of Davy Crockett" By Fess Parker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw4xNGHxaJw

As well as "Kit Carson" By Fess Parker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=P9S6V0M8SFs

And "Jim Bowie" By Fess Parker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=93IZhf4NmCs

Thanks, Carl.

> This is totally apropos of nothing.  I just thought it interesting that
> Alex Chilton, who died of a heart attack the other day, was the gravelly
> voiced lead vocal for the Boxtops when they released "The Letter" way back
> in 1967, and he was only 16.  Who'd have thunk?  I think I was still
> learning to ride a bicycle when I was 16.  I warned you that this post had
> nothing really to do with anything.

> http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_3=======================================================
>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."