[Vision2020] Otter fights health care with "sue the feds" law

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Thu Mar 18 16:28:02 PDT 2010

Saundra writes:
"Obama couldn’t “insist” on a single-payer health care system without the support of a sufficient number of Dems & Repubs"

Obama could insist on truly meaningful reform instead of pandering to those who want any kind of reform which is what supporters of this bill seem to be. Supporters acknowledge the serious flaws, yet want it passed.
I would rather have no new law than one that is bad from the start.  That shouldn't be how we're governed.
I would rather start from scratch having the single payer be the concrete form of any reform.
>From what I understand, it was under the whitehouse's behest that the senate bill took out the public option. That is Obama's call. He backed down from his public statement of wanting a public option.
You can't blame repubs for this bill, as none of them will probably vote for it.
This is all on the dems.  They are choosing the insurance mandate over the single payer alternative and they will probably face the the fate of what happened in Massachuchettes where there is an insurance mandate and where now a republic senator rules.
Do you really want to let repubs back in power just to pass a flawed law?
To think this law could be reformed if it passes is not realistic as how will they then break through the insurance industry's desire to keep getting guaranteed money?
Single-payer will never be a reality if this bill passes.
I want real reform, not mandated payments to middlemen...

Garrett Clevenger