[Vision2020] Amendment to State Constitution - SRJ 101

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Mar 15 13:53:02 PDT 2010

Wayne -

Your argument makes even less sense than before (if that is possible).

You state:

"2) The State of Idaho has passed a state law, Title 65 giving
veterans  hiring preference.

3) The University of Idaho, because of it's unusual constitutionality
refuses to comply with Title 65, yet wants to be "equal" with the
other 4 year school that MUST comply with Title 65."

In paragraph 2, you stipulate that the state of Idaho requires state
offices (including universities) to adopt veteran hiring preference
practices.  Yet, in paragraph 3, you state that the University of Idaho
has established (apparently within its constitution) laws that are in
direct contradiction to state constitution.

If this is true (I kinda doubt it is), and you feel wronged, you should
(without any hesitation) file a grievance with the state Attorney
General's office.  That's what he is there for.

FYI, Wayne:  I am retired Army.  I attended and graduated from the
University of Idaho.  I worked for the University of Idaho for just over
ten years.  I NEVER, not even to the most minute degree, experienced any
discrimination, either as a student or employee, due to my status as a
veteran.

I fully support the Board of Regents of the University of Idaho in
charging tuition.