[Vision2020] Mole Day 10-23 between 6.02 am & pm

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 15 12:20:42 PDT 2010

On Monday 15 March 2010 11:53:45 Dan Carscallen wrote:
> Ken, I don't want to throw a molar mass of ethanol on the rapid
> oxidation of a material in the chemical process of combustion,
> releasing heat, light, and various reaction products, but wouldn't
> it be more reasonable to have Mole Day on June 2 (6/02) between
> 10:23 am and 10:23 pm?

While writing that note I was so concerned with the chemistry that I
didn't look up Mole Day. Apparently there are alternative celebration
days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_Day

> Or, maybe we can just have two mole days!

This does make a good deal of sense. The summer date could be more
devoted to (likely) out-of-school students, their chemistry and/or
science projects, and student parties, whereas the fall date could be
focus on chemistry, chemists, science teachers, and related concerns.

Ken