[Vision2020] The Power Hour "Libertarian" Radio Show Promotes Claim of 9/11 Cover-up[

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:33:05 PDT 2010

President Bush's August briefing before 9/11 explicitly stated "Bin Laden
determined to strike in US."

I question the theory that the 9/11 attacks and the collapse of the
buildings involved was orchestrated by agents of the US.  But the theory
that 9/11 was "allowed" to happen, that there was substantial evidence that
terrorists were going to strike the US, but the aggressive actions required
to stop the attack were deliberately avoided, is possible, given that the
neo-con "Project for the New American Century" explicitly stated in military
think tank analysis prior to 9/11 ("Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy,
Forces and Resources for a New Century" September 2000:
http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf  ), that a
"new Pearl Harbor" would provide the justification for the expansion of US
military power into the Middle East and elsewhere.

At best, the fact that more aggressive steps were not taken to stop the 9/11
attacks, reveals gross incompetence, if not a deliberate conspiracy to
exploit a major terror attack against the US as a "new Pearl Harbor" to
expand US military/economic hegemony.  Cheney and Rumsfeld signed the
"Statement of Principles" for the "Project for the New American Century" in
1997 ( http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm ).  It is
no surprise they assumed positions of great power in the second Bush
administration, given the agenda to expand US military/economic hegemony was
planned well in advance, if they could gain the White House back.

I won't continue a history lesson here (the two websites below offer a
critical analysis of 9/11 orthodoxy).  But there are very serious questions
that can be raised regarding why more aggressive steps were not taken to
stop the 9/11 plot, given the information we know the US government
possessed regarding the plans for a terror attack on the US, who might carry
out such an attack, and that use of commercial aircraft as terror weapons
was known prior to 9/11 as a likely method.  Bush administration national
security advisor Condoleeza Rice was either woefully uninformed, which I
doubt given her intelligence, or engaging in "spin" propaganda to hide the
tracks of Bush administration failures regarding the 9/11 attacks, when she
made the statements quoted from the second website below:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO405E.html

---------------------
http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?the_post-9/11_world=denials&timeline=complete_911_timeline

>From website immediately above:
 May 16, 2002: Nobody Predicted 9/11-Style Attacks, Says Condoleezza
Rice<http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=a051602rice#a051602rice>
[image: Edit event]<http://www.historycommons.org/eventedit.jsp?oid=1626004942-36209&drafts=null&timeline=complete_911_timeline>

[image: National Security Adviser Rice tries to explain what Bush knew and
when in her May 16, 2002 press conference.]National Security Adviser Rice
tries to explain what Bush knew and when in her May 16, 2002 press
conference. *[Source: CNN]*National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice
states, “I don’t think anybody could have predicted that these people would
take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one
and slam it into the Pentagon, that they would try to use an airplane as a
missile,” adding that “even in retrospect” there was “nothing” to suggest
that. [White House,
5/16/2002<http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2002/05/20020516-13.html>
] Contradicting Rice’s claims, former CIA Deputy Director John Gannon
acknowledges that such a scenario has long been taken seriously by US
intelligence: “If you ask anybody could terrorists convert a plane into a
missile? [N]obody would have ruled that out.” Rice also states, “The
overwhelming bulk of the evidence was that this was an attack that was
likely to take place overseas.” [MSNBC, 5/17/2002] Slate awards Rice the
“Whopper of the Week” when the title of Bush’s August 6 briefing is
revealed: “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US.” [Slate,
5/23/2002<http://slate.msn.com/?id=2066154>
] Rice later will concede that “somebody did imagine it” but will say she
did not know about such intelligence until well after this conference.
[Associated
Press, 9/21/2002]

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett