[Vision2020] Teabaggers

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Fri Mar 12 13:32:44 PST 2010

Tom,

I agree with you about the dismal condition of our collective security
and don't think things have gotten better since 9/11.
For instance, any kind of law enforcement position with the federal
government  stipulates that you can't be over 34 on the date of hire
so that you can retire at the age of 54. Well, what are you supposed
to do if you're older than that? Myself for instance, while I'd never
think I should be on a "swat" team, I can surely peek into CONNEX
containers as well as anyone else. As well, I can check immigration
documents at an airport or a border crossing.

And we still have government agencies and employees that give
preferences to non-citizens for jobs and ignore those who
are citizens, so what do you expect? The funny part is that the
"certify" that the foreigners that they hire are the ONLY person
that can fill that position!  BULL CRAP! And then some of those
government agencies lay off or furlough US citizens during  perceived
times of economic down turns, but because of the ICE certifications
cannot furlough the foreigners that they hired on H1B1 visas!!

We have a long way to go, and while I'm NOT a Bush fan, he cannot be
blamed on all of it.  It all begins and ends LOCALLY. For instance,
a local government hires non locals for positions. Those individuals
have only one loyalty, that's to their pay checks, not to the local
community.
Same thing with contracts, look LOCALLY first!

And then we get the goofy legislature that wants to meddle into local
issues such as the jurisdiction of NON-GOVERNMENT law enforcement
officers.
Have you been following what's happening up north?  The local county
sheriff will not give county law enforcement authority to tribal
police over non-tribal members,
and the legislature is looking into giving them the same police powers
as the sheriff's deputies.  YET, neither the sheriff, nor the County
Commissioners, nor the voters that
put that sheriff  and county commission have any say so over WHO those
tribal police officers are!   My opinion is that when the sheriff has
the power to hire and fire
those tribal police officers, only then should they have the same
powers as a sheriff's deputy.

Wayne