[Vision2020] Say What?

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Mar 9 09:40:49 PST 2010

In order for a defamation suit to be successful at least two elements need to be proven:

1.    A number of people believed the defamatory statements.

2.    The defamed were damaged monetarily by the defamatory statements more than if those statements weren't made.

WRT to 1:  How many people actually believe what Glenn Beck says any more?  Has he become great entertainment for many of his viewers who enjoy his rantings but in their heart of hearts know they are just fantasy?  In this respect Beck is like our local ass-wiper Dale Courtney:  Great fun for some, but really, even amongst the cult, he is a pathetic clown to be laughed at [out of range of the cult hierarchy, of course].

WRT to 2:  Those that believe Beck already hold views such that additional harm to the defamed from Beck's defamation is unlikely.  Ditto for Courtney.

Although I am a nonbeliever, I support certain religious based charities such as Habitat for Humanity, Sojourner's Alliance, etc because their purpose is not to spread fantasy based hatred and strife, but to help some of those in need of the basic essential of life:  food, clothing, and shelter.  A pox on those like Beck, et all who would deny these simple things to those in need.

Beck is like our local gas bag Cult Master Douglas Wilson -- just making things up as he goes along with little or no evidence, emotionally but ignorantly reacting to those elements of reality he has a difficult time accepting or adapting to.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843