[Vision2020] Say What?

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 9 08:12:40 PST 2010

On Tuesday 09 March 2010 06:02:29 Tom Hansen wrote:
> "I beg you, look for the words 'social justice' or 'economic
> justice' on your church Web site. If you find it, run as fast as
> you can. Social justice and economic justice, they are code
> words.... 'Communists are on the left, and the Nazis are on the
> right.' That's what people say. But they both subscribe to one
> philosophy, and they flew one banner...On each banner, read the
> words, here in America: 'social justice.'"

Where does freedom of speech transform into defamation of character
and slander? At what point do people demand that words publicly
spoken denote the verifiable truth of the matter? Perhaps Mr. Beck
would be better answered with a class action lawsuit against his big
mouth and empty head to encourage him to cease and desist his
untruthful ravings about legitimate and productive local entities.

At one local church the latest Social Justice Sunday involved
singing "If I had a hammer" and a sermon that amounted to a
presentation of the benefits of Habitat for Humanity housing.

More than one local church has been involved in such work, and it is
at least disrespectful, if not slanderous, to suggest that such
efforts are better described in any sort of pejorative manner.

Perhaps the better part of social justice would to be concerted legal
action to put Mr. Beck and the providers of his electronic mouthpiece
on the nether side of the the line circumscribing truth, justice, and
the American way. More silence and fewer lies from the likes of them
would be an environmental improvement many could enjoy.

Ken