[Vision2020] Record Warm Temps In Edmonton

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Mon Mar 8 09:56:14 PST 2010

Paul writes:

"Did anyone predict the massive snowfall seen in the rest of the world?"

It's called "climate change" for a reason. So in the sense that more unpredictable anomalies are predicted, then I suppose the massive snowfall was predicted, though not as specifically as some would like.

Those who claim that massive snowfall proves "global warming" wrong lack an understanding of climate dynamics and greenhouse gas theory.

Afterall, with greater temperature differentials due to a warming equator comes increased storm intensity.  Warmer temperatures also increase evaporation that will eventually precipitate.  If it's cold enough, that precip will be as snow.  That snow will be historically massive.

It doesn't seem rational to think that all the pollution were spewing out there would have no effect on climate.

It also isn't rational to believe the real conspiracy is from "warm mongers" and not from those who are raking in enormous sums of money peddling their green house gasses.

Industry has a lot to lose if people start accepting the fact that our gluttony and overuse of fossil fuels is slowly making this planet uninhabitable for our grandchildren.  They will fight changing the status quo with whatever weapons they can.

But it's probably too much for me to assume humans are rational because by and large most people are irrational.

That's why humans are their own (and every other living creature's) worst enemy.

Garrett Clevenger