[Vision2020] Huh?

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Mon Mar 8 09:53:52 PST 2010

Shirley and Visionaries,

While there is a lot of fluff about the U of I furloughs being fair
and across the board, what about this one? So, the University reaches
out overseas, CERTIFIES to the US government that there are NO US
CITIZENS
located in this country that can fill the positions and then when
tough economic times hit, they are "sacred cows"  when it comes to pay
cuts!
I hope somebody looks into this one!

Does this stink to anyone else or is it just me?

H1B visa holders are exempt from the furlough due to immigration
requirements for them to be paid the pre-determined stated salary.