[Vision2020] Say What?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Mar 5 10:46:35 PST 2010

Thanks, Kenneth.  You've proved two things here:  One, you're smarter than I am; two, the disgraceful state of the GOP today is largely a continuation of disgraceful civil rights-era behavior on the part of both Southern, Blue Dog Democrats more Republican in nature than Democratic, and the conservative GOP.  I appreciate your work in getting the info to us, and you represented the point far better than I did.

And, Donovan, I'm running out of ways to state that neither party has earned hero status in the fight for justice and equality, although one of them currently attracts more bigots than the other.  On the other hand, I can confidently state in myriad ways that the current GOP and Tea Party appropriation of Rosa Parks is offensive to the memory of a woman who can truly be called a hero, and it should be called out.

I share Tom's memories of life growing up in an activist, liberal Democrat culture, and I can assure you that during the 1960s, which is as far back as my memories go, the La Raza and NAACP and Urban League activists who filled our house were not at all inclined to align themselves with the GOP.  For some reason, I think that's significant in this argument.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com