[Vision2020] legislative report

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2008 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 13:57:59 PST 2010

Shirley,

Thanks for the post.

A friend of mine, who is an elementary teacher, suggested that we save money by reducing sports and athletics by not having a stadium at each and every high school in the state  like having shared stadiums and athletics between schools that are close to each other.

I think that is a good idea. When I lived in California in High School for a couple of years, are two city high schools saved money by doing this.

In the Treasure Valley, there is a huge duplication of athletic facilities when there doesn't need to be. Do you need a multimillion dollar stadium every three miles to ten miles?

The State would also save money on year around schools because you would need less of them to educate more students.

If the legislature would not have wasted so much on extravagant offices, as Cecil said, we would also have much more for education.

Your Friend,

Donovan Arnold