[Vision2020] legislative report

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Mar 3 17:17:49 PST 2010

Representative Ringo,
Where is the money coming from to renovate the Kibby Dome?
>From what I can tell, almost $40 million is being spent to update a facility which has not much to do with higher education academics.
How come there is money to be spent on a money pit, yet teacher salaries are cut and student fees are on the rise?
It's hard to feel sorry for UI's woes since it seems their problem is mismanagement from overpaid public employees.  If I have any say I would target these decision makers and demand accountability while cutting their salaries to a more reasonable level.
It's unfortunate that education has to suffer from lack of funding while reckless spending seems to go on.
The UI bureaucracy needs some serious reform if you think there will ever be adequate funding for actual education...
Sincerely,

Garrett Clevenger