[Vision2020] Madam Spells Out Platform for NY Gov's Race

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Mar 3 17:33:24 PST 2010

While I'm not certain that the experience of being a Madame is of sufficient depth to successfully run the State of New York, I do agree with the legalization of both marijuana and prostitution -- the former, because prohibitions against it are ludicrous; the latter, because the prohibition hurts women.

Laws against prostitution were designed to express moral disapproval -- a disapproval I share -- of sex-for-pay.  But the purpose of law is not to label certain actions sinful or indecent, but to protect those who most need protecting.  And while prostitution is harmful to women, it is made much more so when legal sanctions against it make it difficult, or frightening, for abused sex workers to turn to police for help.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com