[Vision2020] UI to Furlough Employees

Mo Hendrickson hend5953 at vandals.uidaho.edu
Tue Mar 2 14:45:31 PST 2010

I have been wanting to ask folks this question for a LONG time....How would you solve the financial problems at UI?  You all are great at criticizing and griping about the decisions that are being made, but I have yet to hear from any one of you a better way.  Yes, it sucks that people are going to be required to take furloughs, yes it sucks that programs are being merged and so on and so on and so on.  But guess what the economy is in the shits, the state is taking money away from everything including higher ed, and the university has to do something.

So please, all of you who are so wise and all knowing how would you solve the problem?  Without laying the administration off, that won't solve a thing.

-Mo