[Vision2020] Say What?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Jun 23 07:41:25 PDT 2010

Pregnancy is a wonderful, life-changing time for a woman, full of anticipation, joy, trepidation and hope.  There is nothing more precious to experience.

However, I've experienced my own.  I've attended about a dozen births.  I joyfully hold my friend's hand when she confides in me details of her pregnancy, birth, and blossoming forth as a mother.  I wish Lara Logan well, but I don't expect to have my access to news, particularly news of a war this entire nation is fighting (at least in word), interrupted by the pregnancy of a woman known only to her family, friends, and co-workers.  I suspect that journalist Lara Logan wouldn't want that either -- if her pregnancy were, in fact, relevant to the coverage of the war in Afghanistan.

The thing is, it's not.  And Friedman knows it.

Shame on CBS for proffering such an inane, sexist, stupid, short-sighted and clumsy excuse for failing to do its job.  Logan is owed an apology, and the rest of the nation is owed what only journalists in a free society can provide:  A truthful, fact-filled, penetrating examination and report

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com