[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 17 18:28:34 PDT 2010

"I'm not speaking for anybody in the House of Representatives but myself,
but I'm ashamed of what happened in the White House yesterday. I think it
is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be
subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown. In this case a $20
billion shakedown. . . . I apologize. I do not want to live in a country
where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is
legitimately wrong, is subject to some sort of political pressure that is,
again, in my words — amounts to a shakedown, so I apologize."

- Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) apologizing to British Petroleum (BP) CEO Tony
Hayward at the opening of a congressional inquiry of the Gulf oil spill
(June 17, 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtlQNNp21X4

More apologies by Rep Joe Barton:

http://www.joebartonwouldliketoapologize.com/