[Vision2020] honoring Janet Lecompte

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jun 11 12:38:19 PDT 2010

Bill -

Would you happen to have photos and (maybe) a short bio of Ms. Lecompte.

I would like to post them (if I can obtain her family's approval) at:

http://www.MoscowCares.com/In_Memory

With a link from . . .

http://www.moscowcares.com/benches/Janet_Lecompte

Would you be able to contact them . . . or provide me an email address.

Thanks,

> In 1998, Janet Lecompte ensured the preservation of Moscow's 1912 Center
> by anonymously donating $2 million to the renovation of the building.  Her
> gift rallied community support for the project, and because of her
> generosity and foresight, this community center lives today.
>
> Saving the 1912 Center may have been her most ambitious gift to us, but
> there are literally hundreds of other examples of her donations that made
> real and important differences to lives in this area.
>

> Janet was our community benefactor. She was also a delightfully fun and
> interesting person. And most importantly, she lived and gave modestly and
> quietly.
>

> She did not boast or seek honor or expect award for her gifts. She did not
> want anyone to know she was the one who saved the 1912 Center, or who
> started the Latah County Community Foundation, or who provided any of the
> other generous gifts she bestowed on us.
>

> Janet Lecompte was the embodiment of altruism. She lived and gave
> selflessly and generously.
>
> Janet died this year, and her children are hosting a public memorial for
> her on Sunday, June 20, at 1:30 pm -- at the 1912 Center, of course.
>
> BL

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown