[Vision2020] Parks Sentencing

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Jun 8 13:28:03 PDT 2010

Update on murderer, body burner Silas Parks (see below):

Reading between the lines, it appears that the defense may try to flimflam an already demonstrated credulous Judge Brudie into believing in some kind of "diminished capacity" of Parks for a possible sentence mitigation, most likely based on demonstrated liar Parks' former statements about his previous abuse of Sarah Parks incidents.

W.

Parks sentencing set for June 30
Staff report  Daily News

Posted on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Silas Parks, who admitted to killing his pregnant wife and setting fire to their Moscow apartment, will be sentenced at 1:30 p.m. June 30.

The sentencing hearing has been postponed from its original time on Tuesday after Second District Judge Jeff Brudie granted a motion from Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson to delay the hearing.

Thompson said he asked for more time to adequately prepare a cross-examination of a psychologist hired by Parks' defense. Time was needed to locate an independent expert to review the psychologist's report and take other actions deemed necessary, he said.

"It was unfortunate we didn't receive the report until the tail end of the week," he said. "We have no control over those things. We're reacting to it as quickly as we could."

Thompson, Brudie and Parks' attorneys and D. Ray Barker and Charles Kovis met by conference call to determine the new hearing date.

Parks, 26, pleaded guilty to two counts of voluntary manslaughter in March in relation to the June 24 deaths of his wife, Sarah Parks, and their unborn child, Lilly Ann Parks.

Parks also pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree arson for setting fire to their Moscow home the day of the killings.

Parks will face up to 40 years in prison for the three felony counts.