[Vision2020] Concerning BSU Prez' "Nasty and Inebriated" statement

deb debismith at moscow.com
Wed Jul 28 20:07:28 PDT 2010

Having lived in the North End of Boise for 10 years, and put up with the nuts behavior around ball games, I fully appreciate how different Moscow (and visitors) behave for games. In Boise it was drunk kids and adults 2 days before and after, speeding around the neighborhoods and chucking out beer bottles (oh, wait, maybe that was Pullman....).

In Moscow, it's a bit of traffick for an hour or so before and after, a lot of Vandal parents shopping with their kids in WinCo and WalMart, and no possibility of having relatives stay in the overbooked local motels (not a bad thing, in my opinion). Moscow seem to have a civilizing influence on even the worst football fans....But, then again, Moscow is kind of a bastion of civilization in the Neanderthal/Barbarian/Feudal state that is Idaho. Oh, if only my entire beloved state had the sensible, decent, calm, artistic, progressive mood that typifies Moscow.....
Sadly, we are nearly alone up here in the central panhandle, frying our fish with leeks and shallots, with a side of arugula followed by a huckleberry sorbet and intelligent conversation.

By-the-by, there is a Co-Op Farm Tour happening this Sunday from 1 pm to 5pm. RavenCroft Farm is one of the tour farms. We would love to have all Co-Op members (and potential members) stop by. (The Co-Op would like you to stop by and sign an insurance waiver if you plan to come out). We are located 5 and 1/2 miles north of Moscow on Highway 95. If you see the sign for the Phillips Farm County Park, you are one driveway past us.

We will provide iced tea, lemonade, homemade bread, hummus, chips, pesto, and shade. We also offer an opportunity to see what folks without a "real job" do to manage on the Palouse....It should be a good time, and who can resist getting to meet some other Palouse Progressives?
Debi Robinson-Smith