[Vision2020] "Five Thousand Gulf Oil Spills" 168 Responses

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jul 1 06:29:16 PDT 2010

Good point, Warren.  I don't believe there's a word to adequately convey the magnitude of what happened here.  "Spill" is what happens when I knock over my glass of Cabernet.  This is not that, and what's happened in the Gulf isn't a "mishap" or "error," either.  It's a horror, a grievous disaster, and an unmitigated tragedy.  That it may not be a crime in no way reflects any lessening of its severity, only decades of governmental indifference to environmental concerns.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com