[Vision2020] Did You Know . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 30 07:15:58 PST 2010

At times like these when money is tight, budgets are cut, and programs
reduced or eliminated . . .

According to Idaho State Board of Education Governing Policies and
Procedures (dated October 2009), Section I (General Governing Policies and
Procedures), Subsection E (Executive Officers), Paragraph 4 (Institutional
Presidents: Official Duties Related Spousal Expenses)

http://www.boardofed.idaho.gov/policies/i/i_e_executive_officers-10-09.pdf

"4. Institutional Presidents: Official Duties Related Spousal Expenses

The Board acknowledges that the spouse of an institutional president
provides valuable service activities on behalf of the institution, the
Board, and to the Idaho higher education system. The Board further
recognizes that the spouse may be expected to attend certain functions
related to the ongoing mission and purposes of the institution.
Accordingly, a spouse shall be eligible for reimbursement of authorized
official travel and business related expenses, in accordance with the
State of Idaho's travel and expense policies, as long as such expenses
have a bona fide business purpose."

Now if you will excuse me I really must take my wife's 1991 Geo Metro to
the local Conoco for its monthly fifteen-dollar spending spree.  Don't
wanna cut too deep into our budget, ya know.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown