[Vision2020] Moscow City Code Requires Bicycles In Operation To Have Lights 24 Hours A Day?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 13:43:47 PST 2010

I was told today by a Moscow police officer that Moscow city code requires
bicycles in operation to have lights 24 hours a day.  I have never heard of
this requirement, and so far, when checking Moscow city code that is
available online, have not located such a code rule at the following
websites, though it was updated 12/31/09, and if new code was adopted since
then, the code showing may be inaccurate.  If I missed where in the city
code at the following websites it is stated that bicycles in operation must
have lights 24 hours a day, perhaps someone can indicate where:

http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/citycode/index.asp

http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/citycode/TITLE11/toc.asp

http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/citycode/TITLE11/chapter3.pdf

http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/citycode/TITLE11/chapter2.pdf
------------------------
Otherwise, does anyone have information regarding other websites that might
contain the Moscow city code for bicycles regarding a requirement that
bicycles in operation must have lights 24 hours a day. Or is this particular
Moscow code rule not on the Internet?

The Idaho code for bicycles, at the website below, states bicycles on the
highway must have a front light from sunset to sunrise, with some
exceptions.  It does not appear to specifically address, as far as I could
determine, whether bicycles operated on sidewalks must have a light in front
at night:

http://www.lostrivercycling.org/idcode.html