[Vision2020] tribute

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 19 21:12:13 PST 2010

I take issue with your contention that "this years model" at least isn't
Bush.

Bush wanted us to whup taliban and al-qaida ass in Iran and Afghanistan. Are
we out or have we just thrown 30,000 more into a situation in which, due to
strangling rules of engagement we have no hope of success?

Bush wanted to have Guantanamo remain open. Has it been shut down?

The previous administration was vilified for it's allowing far too much pork
to flow in the form of earmarks. Have we got that problem under control?

Bush wanted to bail out the banking industry. TYM wants to bail out
everything in sight.

Bush (in a burst of bipartisanship) wanted to create a huge new entitlement
that the country couldn't afford. TYM (with no input from the other side)
wants to create an even larger and even more expensive one.

The Bush administration was roundly criticized for its lack of transparency.
Everything done by TYM is done behind closed doors.

Etc, etc, etc...

What we seem to have is Bush on progressive steroids.