[Vision2020] Sarasota, Florida Journal

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:42:31 PST 2010

Moscow in the 1970s indeed had many "good days."

The 1978 Sarasota Florida Journal article about Moscow, Idaho in the 1970s
is interesting given it emphasizes certain economic issues that remain
contentious today; the conflict between the old downtown economic viability
and the shopping malls and development on the city edges, and the potential
flow of dollars to Washington, which as many know has been a hot button
issue with the pending Hawkin's Mall just across the Idaho border in
Washington, though now that mall is "on hold" given we are in the "Great
Recession" as it is being called.

Ted Moffett