[Vision2020] Teenagers and responsibility

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Feb 20 15:33:40 PST 2010

Exactly, Andreas.

If the feds or local law enforcement agencies wamt to know where you have
been browsing/accessing with your computer, they will need a warrant.  All
the information they will need is located on your hard-drive, no matter
how many times you "delete" files or format your hard-drive.

Sidebar:  I will be replacing two of my home computers.  I intend on
donating them locally.  However . . .

The hard-drives of these computers contain some extremely personal
information, as well as a whole bunch of other God-knows-what stuff.

Can anybody recommend a a reliable method to permanently "clear" these
hard-drives?

Thanks,

Tom Hansen

>> Did you know the United States Federal Government has access to Google
>> Database which holds and retains for years every thing you looked up on
>> its
>> search engine?
>>
>> Did you know the US Government doesn't need a warrant to access and
>> record
>> your conversations on a wireless phone?
>>
>> Did you know the US Government can scan and read your mail without
>> opening
>> it and use Optical Recognition Software to read and store every word?
>>

>> Did you know there is passive transmitter in your dollar bill which the
>> government can read within special equipment and tell exactly how much
>> cash
>> you have on you (hold it up to the light, you will see it)?
>>
>> Did you know when you enter an airport or any federal building you
>> automatically forfeit you right to refuse a search of you and your
>> property?
>>

> (1) There is no such thing as a "passive transmitter," considering that
> transmission is inherently active. Additionally, dollar bills do not
> contain
> RFID tags. Neither do $20 notes.
>
> (2) The US government does indeed need a warrant to access wireless phone
> conversations. Unless it's unencrypted, which I don't believe happens
> anymore.
>
> (3) This doesn't happen either. It may be possible with a warrant, but
> certainly not without one.
>
> (4) Google has a federal law enforcement pen register, but it's not
> accessible at will by federal law enforcement.
>
> (5) For someone who hates attorneys so much, you certainly do love giving
> legal advice.
>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown