[Vision2020] Teenagers and responsibility

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 15:23:18 PST 2010

> Did you know the United States Federal Government has access to Google
> Database which holds and retains for years every thing you looked up on its
> search engine?
>
> Did you know the US Government doesn't need a warrant to access and record
> your conversations on a wireless phone?
>
> Did you know the US Government can scan and read your mail without opening
> it and use Optical Recognition Software to read and store every word?
>

> Did you know there is passive transmitter in your dollar bill which the
> government can read within special equipment and tell exactly how much cash
> you have on you (hold it up to the light, you will see it)?
>
> Did you know when you enter an airport or any federal building you
> automatically forfeit you right to refuse a search of you and your property?

(1) There is no such thing as a "passive transmitter," considering that
transmission is inherently active. Additionally, dollar bills do not contain
RFID tags. Neither do $20 notes.

(2) The US government does indeed need a warrant to access wireless phone
conversations. Unless it's unencrypted, which I don't believe happens
anymore.

(3) This doesn't happen either. It may be possible with a warrant, but
certainly not without one.

(4) Google has a federal law enforcement pen register, but it's not
accessible at will by federal law enforcement.

(5) For someone who hates attorneys so much, you certainly do love giving
legal advice.