[Vision2020] An Idea With Some Merit?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Feb 8 10:51:57 PST 2010

As much as your intentions appeal to me, Keely, I personally find
representation, based upon race and/or economic/financial status, to be
absolutely appalling.

>From whose ranks would these representatives come?  The poor?  I doubt it.

Couple this concept with "corporate free speech", recently guaranteed by
the Supreme Court, and guess where this road leads ten years, twenty
years, or forty years from now.

If the poor and/or minorities have any representation, at all, it will be
at the whims and wishes of Wall Street.

Segregation is NOT representation.

> Good morning, Visionaires,
>
> A friend forwarded this to me, and while I understand it to be more
> tongue-in-cheek than a serious proposition, I find the idea of
> Congressional representation based on race and income really quite
> appealing in some respects.  Of course it'll never happen, just as honest
> representation of poor people's concerns under the current system won't,
> either.  Check it out at
>
> http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/02/what-if-senators-represented-people-by.html.
>  (There might be a better way to link this, but all I know is
> cut-and-paste).
>
> Keely
> www.keely-prevailingwinds.com

> http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/=======================================================