[Vision2020] Installment #15: Purpose

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Thu Dec 30 00:43:41 PST 2010

  Darrell, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Being back in the "teenager parenting role", I am discovering the values
are useful prompts (topics) - especially when they are discussed through
the various media offered on the site - videos, individual posts,
quotations (some classics, some new  - many of the values have "lots" of
posts and comments - all ages appear to be represented.  It is fun when
one of the TV spots plays and we have already talked about the "value".

One of the "goals" of the FBL and Values project is stated to be "Pass
it on".  My purpose is just that!

Chiding, belittling or besmirching the values on our local "community
blog" (while somewhat informative) seems pointless to me (or at best an
effort of underachievement) - especially when both FBL and Values seek
input and discussion on each value.  They have asked for readers/viewers
to post their comments, corrections, extensions, amendments (whatever)
so that a richer dialogue results for all.

They state they are quite willing to consider additional values.

If you have comments or other changes, please visit the aforementioned
sites and post them.  Many of the posts are quite interesting (and
provocative).

And a reminder to all, if you find the "installments" boring,
inadequate, indefensible, offensive or you are just not interested,
please remember the "delete" button.  I will try to remember to include
the Installment tag on subject line so you can easily spot it.

Best to all Veeps for a happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!