[Vision2020] Emoticons?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 18:01:27 PST 2010

You can also play around with the eyes a little bit.  For example, the
big smile :-D looks even more happy like this: XD

You can also run them the other way if you want a more intense frown D-:

And, just for Tom, if you want to emote for your cat, you can use two
equal signs and a dot with something else for the eyes:

=^.^= happy

=O.O= surprised

=$.$= greedy

etc.

You can also use a variation on the surprised one for humans:

o.O  "I'm shocked by what I just quoted."

Also, if you happen to be Japanese and want to do the traditional "put
your hands together in front of your face and apologize" because you are
running late, you can use:   A(^_^;;

Well, anyway, you get the idea.  There are hundreds of them, some people
just make them up on the spot.

I'm glad my misspent youth (and adulthood) posting on Internet forums
didn't go to waste.

Paul