[Vision2020] Our Wonderful Latah County Justice System

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Dec 27 16:24:13 PST 2010

For one thing, Sunil, there is NO such thing as consentual sex with a minor.

Sex with a minor is statutory rape PERIOD!

If there were mitigating cicumstances involved, conviction of a lesser
offense may have been more appropriate.

Rush was CONVICTED of rape, NOT statutory rape . . . not a lesser-included
offense of sexual assault or simple assault . . . R-A-P-E!

To sentence somebody to probation after being convicted of rape is simply
WRONG!

Yes.  Hursh has two misdemeanors on his record.

Congrats, Rush!  You have graduated to felonious violent crimes.

One can only imagine of what his post-graduate "program" consists, let
alone his record as a minor.  Don't get me wrong, Sunil.  I am a strong
believer (in more ways than one) in expunging a minor's record.