[Vision2020] Installment #2 - Character

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Tue Dec 21 14:41:26 PST 2010

  Oh Ted at first I didn't get it, but now that you have shed light on
the issue, I get it - you mean people like George Soros and
organizations like the Tides Foundation, the Shadow Party and the Open
Society Institute.

One thing I noted about the */Foundation for a Better Life/* that tends
to separate that org from many others was their non-reliance on outside
funding (they don't accept donations) and they don't provide grants or
other funding to other agencies.

For me, Paul R was right on point - the values promoted transcend the
politics, the acrimony and the rhetoric so often a part of our human
dialogues.

Hopefully all of the "friends" on the V will appreciate the posting of
the values as a means of self examination and community enhancement -
nothing less, nothing more.

Happy holidays to all of you - for whatever reason you use for celebration.