[Vision2020] Freedom of expression

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Dec 12 13:37:28 PST 2010

Paul Rumelhart stated:

"I think the freedom of an individual or group of individuals to express
themselves is sacrosanct.  The freedom to express your opinion should be
held dearly by everyone, if they want to live in a free society."

Nobody is arguing against NSA's right to speak or their right to post
comments on their website.

Nick Gier and Joe Campbell are merely argiung that the statements made by
NSA are inappropriate, analagous to those complaints made here on the Viz
(and a local blahg) against those of us who express our displeasure with a
certain local un-pastor.

New Saint Andrews College and its "management" are free to post whatever
commentary they like.  Just as each of us has the right to evaluate the
appropriateness of those comments.

Yasee what I'm sayin'?

Now, I may be going out on a limb here by suggesting that there are some
Viz subscribers that feel less than thrilled by comments I have made, and
they have every right to express their displeasure.  Many of them have.
And in the future many more will.

And yet life goes on.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."