[Vision2020] U of I Argonaut 8/27/2010 "Halfway There: City Council takes more steps to lower greenhouse gas emissions"

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Fri Aug 27 16:43:02 PDT 2010

Ted,

I'm not going to debate the "facts" from either side.  I think we can agree that energy conservation is a good thing, as long as we don't go getting penny smart and pound foolish.

If you really want my opinion, which is as valid as your opinion, and both are OPINIONS, I believe ice ages and warming trends happened long before we got here, and they're going to keep happening long after we are gone. I think it is arrogant to think humanity can affect such change (or stop it, for that matter).

Having said that, I respect your opinion, and I hope you are enjoying this relatively cooler late summer day as much as I am.

Your pal,

DC

sent from my magical mystery interwebs phone