[Vision2020] Warning: Sports related post

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Thu Aug 19 13:09:38 PDT 2010

It's a long, complex story that is still evolving,  but the Western Athletic Conference, of which the University of Idaho is a member, is in some danger of collapsing in a couple of years, with the possibility of the U of I being left out in the cold regarding any conference affiliation.  For those who follow and care about this sort of stuff (and I'm not advocating anything, just wondering how Moscow people feel), if the conference, which is Division 1, does dissolve (which may well not happen), should the Vandal program continue to try to compete at the D-1 level, go back to the 1-AA Big Sky conference, with Montana, Montana State, EWU, etc., or drop football?  Again, I'm not advocating anything, just curious.  Obviously it's a big, big issue on Vandal Venue currently.