[Vision2020] Daily News OUR VIEW: UI's disdain for citizens who fund it is appalling

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 16 09:17:41 PDT 2010

"The university is trying to upgrade its security services, and it turns out
that is going to cost a lot more money, some $300,000 more, than it took
last year when it was all handled by the Moscow Police Department."

- The August 16, 2010 edition of the Moscow-Pullman Daily News

http://www.dnews.com/story/opinion/54359/

$300,000?

Hmmm.

Isn't that just $20,000 more than the budget cut that is being imposed
against UI's arboretum?

I guess we can always convert the arboretum back to its original state . . .
a driving range for the golf course.

For $400,000/year UI will procure the services of AlliedBarton.  Or, as I
like to refer to such an inexperienced, untrained security force . . . the
"Oh, No" squad.  When the squad observes an accident or crime, they stand
around it mumbling, "Oh no.  Oh no!"

Whose budget is going to be cut next year, UI?  I mean . . . somebody's got
to pay for those AlliedBarton pay raises for doing such a "bang-up" job.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown