[Vision2020] Facebook; The death of Vision 2020?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Aug 15 09:17:58 PDT 2010

To ensure that everybody has access to V2020, accessibility must be maintained so that everybody can participate.  The current V2020 system accomplishes that nicely by simply requiring a no-cost subscription

People are generally lazy when it comes to mail . . . even me.  People would much rather have mail delivered to their in-box (such as the current V2020 system), instead of having to go searching for a particular thread (much like Facebook).

If a subscriber is displeased by what they see/read in their in-box, delete them and/or unsubscribe to the service that provides them.

As far as anonymous subscribers using fictitious names is concerned . . .

Hey, we are all grown up boys and girls.  If I know or suspect that a subscriber is using a fictitious name, I ignore them, or I confront them off-list.

Some "stage names" are just too obvious, like "Princess Sushitushi" and the many others that have come and gone.  I'm a big boy.  I can deal with it.

"We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons."

— Alfred E. Newman