[Vision2020] Facebook; The death of Vision 2020?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 13:07:55 PDT 2010

Donovan,

I think your point about the possible problems with missing the
technological boat is a good one.  Facebook, unfortunately, is the wrong
tool for the job.  Facebook is for socializing and connecting, and
doesn't have facilities for this sort of thing.  Someone could make a
Vision2020 facebook group, but it would lack the cohesion that it does
as a mailing list.

I would rather see it moved to a bulletin board or internet forum type
of software, if we feel the need to update it at all.  I think it's been
working well as a mailing list, but it would be nice to have an area we
can go to that would have uploaded images, files, a calendar, etc that
the mailing list does not have without a lot of manual work searching
emails.  If anyone has ever used Yahoo Groups, that's the kind of model
I'm talking about.  You could still get the emails as a list, but there
would be a place to find stuff that the community has uploaded and have
an easier time looking for archived emails.

While we're on the subject, I would like to thank the people at First
Step for taking care of the list administration for us.

Paul