[Vision2020] Facebook; The death of Vision 2020?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Aug 14 12:05:32 PDT 2010

Donovan Arnold stated:

“There is a huge technological difference between Facebook and the current V2020 format that was created in 1993 and has not changed since that time. Babies have been born and competed high school since this format was created. In technology terms, that makes it a great great great grandmother.”

If it is important for you to stay in step with technological advances, Mr. Arnold, you’ll go broke.  You would be upgrading your software every year (at a minimum).  You would be constantly browsing the market to upgrade (or expand) your computer’s peripheral devices (printer, scanner, etc. etc.).

And don’t even get me started on the computer itself.  I just replaced two of my computers to the tune of $2K each and purchased a mid-range laptop ($700) . . .  not to mention the software (MS Office, Adobe stuff, Cyberlink PowerDirector. video converting software, Roxio video stuff etc. etc).  Six months from now they will all be considered technologically obsolete.

So, you see, Mr. Arnold . . . there is absolutely nothing wrong with a system that accomplishes what it is designed to do.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."

-       Emo Philips