[Vision2020] Judge Overturns California's Ban On Same-Sex Marriage

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Aug 4 22:13:37 PDT 2010

"The evidence shows conclusively that moral and religious views form the only basis for a belief that same-sex couples are different from opposite-sex couples," Walker wrote.

Which makes me wonder why Walker didn't rule that prop 8 violates the 1st Amendment as it's illegal to pass religious based laws.

The fact that the religious fanatics fought to ban cameras in the courtroom should strongly indicate how repressive these people want to be.  They do not want us to see why the judge ruled the way he did.

These people should be thanking gays who want to get married as indeed they are bringing respect to marriage.

As a married hetero who really couldn't care if I were "married" (in a government sanctioned way anyways), I hope one day the evil people who are preventing homos from marrying will be widely recognized as such.

How dare they keep 2 people from loving each other under the vows of marriage! Every marriage should be gay, anyway.

There is no rational reason to ban gay marriage! Thank God a wise judge (ironically who's a gay repub) ruled righteously.

Anyone think the supremes will uphold his decision?  That could be the make or break for preventing theocrats from keeping fellow Americans from enjoying equal protection under the law, and from some narrow minded interpretation of religion.

Garrett