[Vision2020] Church plans Quran-burning event: A local option

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sun Aug 1 14:00:21 PDT 2010

1.    Some books such as scientific text books (medical texts, for example) with outdated or otherwise erroneous information need to be destroyed to prevent the consequences of actions resulting from these errors.  Composting them is probably better than burning, however.

2.    The key phrase for those who missed it in my suggestion below is "with just as much accuracy."  Think irony.  When statements result from religious or other fantasies with probabilities infinitesimally close to zero, and no critical decisive tests exist (save the tests for logical inconsistency) to decide which fantasy has the probability closest to zero, any claims made by believers based on either fantasy ought be seen for what they are and reacted to accordingly.  In the case cited the reactions ought include laughter, horror, and the sadness that comes with knowing that rationality is far from distinguishes man from the other animals despite the claims of Aristotle.

W.