[Vision2020] Deary Teens Sentenced

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Apr 26 17:03:18 PDT 2010

Sunil -

My reference to "letting the boys off easy" was promulgated by the DN's
comment "Bill Thompson asked for a lesser sentencing of placing the two
boys within the Department of Juvenile Correction program".

As far as explanations are concerned . . . somebody (preferably Judge
Calhoun) should have said something regarding the sentencing.  Both the
judge and Bill Thompson, I am sure, realize how hot this item is.  There
is a reason why such people are considered "public servants".  They are
answerable to the community in which they serve.

Furthermore, I do not plan my day around the court docket.

As for now . . .

Let's see how this plays out.