[Vision2020] UI Safer With Moscow Police

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Apr 16 16:23:49 PDT 2010

Roger -

Nick Gier is extremely active in matters concerning staff and facultyat
the University of Idaho, as well as their interactions with UI
"management".

This matter, on the other hand, concerns campus security and the UI's
options of either renewing their contract with the Moscow Police
Department (in my mind, the only choice) or establishing contractual
agreements with a bunch of privatized rent-a-cops.

My father was a police officer with the Los Angeles Police Department for
36 years.  You should hear some of the jokes he has shared with me over
the years concerning "rent-a-cops".  Most of them are not suitable for
public discussion.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown